Awards & Achievements
The Silver School Award
The Florida Department of Education presents the Golden and Silver School Awards to recognize exemplary programs, which promote parent and community involvement in education.
The Silver School Award is presented to recognize secondary schools that meet the following criteria:
- The school must have a school volunteer coordinator who provides coordination of the program, placement of students, orientation/training for the staff, student/program evaluation and student volunteer supervision.
- The school must have a volunteer coordinator who provides coordination of the program, placement of the secondary students, orientation/training for the receiving staff, student/program evaluation, and student volunteer supervision.
- Student volunteers and faculty must both receive orientation and training.
- The composite student volunteer hours must equal at least one half the total number of students (FTE count) in the sending school (i.e., 2,000 students - 1,000 volunteer hours.)
- Elementary schools are not eligible for this award.